Friday, January 11, 2013


I DANCE!

My arms rise at the heighth of my leap
mylegs are ready to collapse
my steadiness I try to keep
I refuse to admit defeat

I tremble and shake of nerves and tiredness
but I continue
because Ive realised I need to dance
for me
not you

the music fades
and suddenly
Im faced with a roar
a sound I will never grow old of
the spotlight beats down on me
my face hot from work and pleasure
this moment I will forever treasure

by the music I was so mesmorised
I hadnt noticed the audience had rised

the cheering and acceptance
I so desperatley sought for
that I had worked so  hard
and fought for

I now had!
I cried joyess tears
the applause echoes still in my ears

I hope this gfeeling forever stays
because this will be a time I remember for always.

No comments:

Post a Comment